Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekly Review and Weigh In: Week 2

It’s amazing how quickly a week can go by when you are asleep for most of it... I have been “resting” as ordered by my doctor, which for me includes many naps and watching old episodes of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”. (Side Note: I am beginning to see why I was so disillusioned by relationships when I was younger consider I based my “true love goal” on that of one between a vampire with a soul and a vampire slayer. I went through a phase last year of watching old episodes of “Dawson’s Creek”, another high school favourite, and came to a similar realization when I watched Pacey give Joey a wall... How I ever thought any regular teenage boys would add up I do not know. But, oh, I do hold a special place in my heart for Angel and Pacey). Last night I went out for the first time to a friend’s Going Away party and got home after midnight. My body was so unimpressed with this “going out” business that I came home and promptly fell asleep.
This week has been tricky and I have been dreading my Weigh In today because I have been doing a whole lot of missing meals and eating thing I definitely wasn’t eating Week 1. I did, however, get on the scale this morning. Before that, here is my Week in Review:

Pats on the back:
- Drank a decent amount of water
- Got lots of rest and got right on antibiotics for infection hiccup
- Spoke to Dr about switching medication for anxiety and am currently trying a new one

Kicks in the Pants:
- Missed a lot of meals
- Did not plan out meals in advance and stick to it
- Did not exercise AT ALL this week

Weigh In: GAINED 0.5 lbs
Overall Progress: LOSS – 7 lbs
Goal at this point: 2 lbs lost
(which means I am still ahead by 5 lbs, woo!)

I am actually quite pleased with this as a result. I was concerned that I would gain back all my first week’s progress because I fell off the wagon so much this week in terms of planning, eating regularly and getting in enough nutrients. I suspect that I won’t be so lucky in future weeks if this happens and I’m not toting a nasty infection, so will be very careful in the coming weeks to not undo the progress I have made so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment