Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 3: Detox Continues

After a very rough night, I started Day 2 of the detox with some apprehension. I'm a crazy worrier so I have to actively stop myself from over thinking everything. I had such a bad morning that I couldn't make it into work. I hate calling in sick to work, it gives me huge anxiety. Unfortunately, it couldn't be avoided and so I am disappointed that one my mini challenges (to miss less work days) isn't going as well as I had hoped. Oh well.
I had oatmeal and skim milk when I got up and then didn't eat again for several hours... I am supposed to be eating every 2-3 hours, but I felt so gross that I couldn't eat anything else. I hope that the non-eating won't affect my weight loss.
Later, I had: brown rice, lentil soup, an orange, a small salad (basically just mixed greens), 2 clementines and a yogurt. Spread out over the rest of the day, obviously.
I made some carrot soup with roasted butternut squash that I haven't tried yet, but it smelled good so I look forward to trying it Day 4.
Hubby and I had planned to go for dinner with my parents Wednesday night and I started to realize how tricky it was going to be to eat out at a restaurant during this detox phase. I invited my parents to come to our house instead so that I can control the food situation. I roasted some spaghetti squash and took all the "noodles" out and am planning to serve it with a vegetable stew I made in the slow cooker. I don't know if this will seem like enough to non-detoxers though, so I might have to go out and get some bread or something else for my parents.
I watched "The Biggest Loser" again tonight and it reminded me that I need to get off my ass and start doing some exercise... One of my biggest challenges will be making myself do the work when I am feeling crappy.
So, overall not a perfect day but not horrible. I didn't feel hungry at all, but I don't know how much that was to do with an upset stomach.
Adrian, by the way, has been doing really well. His stomach is a tad upset but it doesn't seem to bother him much. He thought he'd made a good choice by eating a bunch of vegetable sushi rolls at work yesterday until I told him white rice wasn't allowed... Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment