Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 2: Detox Begins!

So although today is Day 2, it is technically Day 1 of the Detox. Today was one of those days where I had to pry myself out of bed and ignore all the semi-conscious thoughts of why I didn’t have to get up, “I’m sure they won’t notice if I just don’t go to work… I probably set my alarm wrong and it’s still the middle of the night…” Then my alarm went off for the second time and I sprang out of bed, realizing I had precious little time to get my ass in gear and get to work on time. I packed my little lunch bag and off I went, into the yucky, rainy day.

I had 1 cup of oatmeal (1 cup COOKED… I realized some time ago that 1 cup uncooked gives you a helluva lot of oatmeal…) with ½ cup of skim milk and a Clementine for breakfast at around 8. Those tiny clementines are tasty little fruits (Oh the jokes…). At around 11, I had a yogurt and another Clementine. I spent a good part of the morning doing the nodding dog (Side Note: One of my favourite things is when my Labrador actually does the nodding dog while he’s sitting up. I am thinking it’s less cute when I do it at work). No caffeine allowed, though, so I powered through on sheer will… and all the work I had to do.

For lunch (around 1 pm) I had a cup of brown rice and some of the veggie chili I made last night. The chili was pretty good but the best part was the rice: I was really worried about eating all this brown rice because normally I am really not a fan, but it was pretty tasty. I cooked it in 1/2 vegetable broth and 1/2 water, which may have helped. I also had some grapes.
I brought snacks with me because I was worried about getting hungry, but I didn't even eat all of them. I had some raw veggies in the afternoon and that was it.
When I came home I was still really tired and ended up drifting off while I was reading a book. When I woke up, it was the first time all day I had felt hungry.

We had a green salad and the Crockpot Lentil soup I made last night for dinner. The soup, which is something I've never made before, was surprisingly good. I think it was a perfect meal for such a gross, rainy day. I had a clementine after dinner.

I can still have more rice so if I feel hungry in the next hour or so, I might have a little bit. I also have another yogurt, 2 cups of herbal tea and another cup of skim milk that I am allowed. I might have some Rooibos tea with milk before bed.

So Day 1 of the Detox was a success - I made it through the day without feeling like I was starving or any major stomach upsets. My stomach is being quite vocal, probably about all the fiber, but seems to be keeping it together.
Stay tuned for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment