Sunday, January 3, 2010

Misery loves company

Another update to my little challenge: Now my husband has gotten on board.
He has actually been working really hard the last month or so to get back into shape. He has been running and joined a local martial arts class because he used to be into Tae Kwon Do in a big way.
When I told him about my "50 in 50" plans, he said he'd like to do it with me... Not the pounds of weight loss, but the diet and stuff.
I'm a little unsure about him joining in... On the one hand, it's always nice to have someone to do this kind of thing with and it is especially handy that we live together. It makes meals and all that easier, definitely.
On the other hand, we have tried to do these sort of things together in the past without success. We joined a gym together, did our own little "Weight Watchers" together but one of us always quits and then the other quickly follows. I don't want him to quit and make it harder for me to continue alone, but I also don't want to be a bad influence on him in case I screw it up. Hopefully that will just be one more motivation, I suppose.
Just another thing I'll have to wait and see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Steph!!!!
    I totally understand everything you have said!!! I am in the SAME boat, and need to do something.
    I am working on it too, I started a wk ago, and I am down about 8 lbs, after doing a small detox and a lot of time on the treadmill, and healthy eating :)
    I would love to see what you are doing, so if you wouldn't mind forwarding me some info....and if you want some support or someone to work at it with you, I am all for it! I need the support from someone. We are supposed to go mexico in July and I totally don't want to put on a bathing suit at this point :( I never wanted to see my life this way, and its definately not something that I want to teach my kids, or for them to see me so unhappy with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly!
    Definitely join in! Glad to have you aboard.. it's definitely easier to do it with someone else.

    ReplyDelete