Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wagon? What wagon?

I have fallen off the wagon. From where I am, I cannot even see the wagon.
My old bad habits are proving harder to break than I had hoped and since coming off the detox, I have not been very successful in maintaining healthy habits.
As I have mentioned before, a really bad habit that I have is not eating. I can go all day without eating and not even feel hungry and then eat a whole bunch, late at night, and let it sit in my stomach as I shuffle off to bed. I'm sure that if metabolisms get a score between 1 and 100, I am batting about a 25. Maybe lower, but I don't want to be too pessimistic.
What's frustrating me is this: I know what to do. I know you are supposed to eat every couple of hours, I know about fiber and calories and simple carbs and blah, blah, blah. For some reason, though, I can't follow through on it. I have the knowledge, but not the ability to put it into action.
I don't really want to divulge all the big "no no"s I have committed, but let's just say I even let myself get super hungry and eat from a drive-through.
So tomorrow is a new day and here's hoping I can try to get back on track ASAP. My Weigh In will still come up on Sunday and I am really hoping my bad behaviour won't catch up with me to undo the weight I've lost so far.
I need to do another shopping trip so I can load up on healthy food. I think maybe I need to plan a shopping trip at the same time every week so I always have good food in the house.
Mister Obvious says: These 50 pounds are gonna be really friggin' hard to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment