Sunday, January 3, 2010

Water, water everywhere... but can't be assed to drink.

Well, Happy New Year everyone!
It is officially 2010 and I continue to get ready for my "Lose 50 in 50" challenge.
I have a more detailed plan for once I actually START my challenge, but I figure maybe I can ease my way into it by making little changes now.
One of the universal agreements between all the different weight loss and healthy living plans is how important it is to drink enough water.
I actually really like water and used to drink enough water but have gotten out of the habit, so that is my first mini goal: Drink enough water.
The standard is normally drink 8 glasses of water per day, but I found - during my last "get healthy" kick - that there is actually a calculation for how much water you should take in every day, based on your weight. Now that I have looked into it a little more, it looks like there are quite a few theories out there... Some say divide your weight in pounds by 2, and drink that many ounces per day. Others say multiply your weight in pounds by 2/3, and drink THAT many ounces per day.
Either way, it looks like you should AT LEAST drink half your body weight in ounces... So if 8 ounces of water is a glass, this may be more or less than the 8 glasses normally recommended.
So I am not ready to disclose my weight in this blog yet, but let's just say I have quite a bit of water to drink.
There are lots of tips online for how to drink more water, but I think I just need to get into the habit of it.

Anyway, there we go. I'll report back in along the way about how it's going.

Back to work tomorrow after Christmas holidays... Oh, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment