Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 4

Day 4 went much the same as Day 3. I haven't cheated on the detox diet, but I am still probably not eating as much as I should be. My stomach did a decent job of keeping me up last night, but I felt not too bad this morning.
I had yogurt for breakfast and then had oatmeal and fruit for lunch. I thought I was starting to feel a lot better when my stomach seemed to suddenly turn on me in a big way. I think one of the reasons might have been related to some panic/anxiety I had today. I was unexpectedly left alone to drive out to an appointment in heavy traffic that sent me into panic. Being stuck in traffic is my biggest "anxiety trigger" so I think this may have helped send my stomach into a tizzy.

I had some lentil soup and an orange later in the day.

For dinner, we had my parents for dinner and I served the carrot soup I made last night (served with a dollop of plain, non fat yogurt on top) and then spaghetti squash "noodles" with vegetable stew as the sauce. It was pretty good and my parents didn't seem to mind the "detox" meal, so that was nice.

For a late night snack, I made Pumpkin Pie Smoothies for Adrian and I. It was delicious and so nice to have a "treat"! The recipe is: Low fat vanilla yogurt, canned pumpkin, skim milk, crushed ice and pumpkin pie spice. Yum!

As far as exercise goes... still no dice. At this point, I need to get 30 minutes in every day for the next three days to make my "3 times a week" goal. Bah!

1 comment:

  1. Go Steph! If you want to go for a walk to get in your 30 minutes of exercise, let me know.

    ReplyDelete