Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Double the Fun: Week 8 & 9 Updates

Week 8 Weigh In:

Weigh In: +1 lb
Overall Progress: LOSS – 6
Goal at this point: 8
(which means I am behind by 2 pounds, boo)

Week 9 Weigh In:

Weigh In: No change
Overall Progress: LOSS -6
Goal at this point: -9
(which means I am behind by 3 pounds, boo)

Nothing has changed, really. Not on the Weight Loss side of things, I mean. Sometimes I think, "I wish I knew how to just stick to a plan!" but if I had the secret to that, I could make millions from people everywhere. Thank Oprah I never started smoking, can you imagine the helluva time I'd have quitting?

Back in early 2009, my sister and I joined Weight Watchers and I was not very successful.
"Well, are you sticking to the plan?" my sister oh-so-cleverly asked.
"No."
And there goes the big secret behind why WW wasn't successful for me... I do, however, still have all the little guides and some cookbooks and tracking books so I am thinking about starting again. I came across all of it while I was cleaning on the weekend and thought I should either use it or lose it: What's the point of having it taking up room in my house to just gather dust and make me feel guilty whenever I see it?
At first I was thinking about just going back to the "Week 1" guide and starting over on my own, but not going to the meetings (in other words, doing it for free). They always tell you, though, that people are way more successful when they do go to meetings and I think that's probably true. The weekly Weigh In is at least another motivation.
I did mention it to my sis and she sort of reluctantly agreed that we could maybe go back. She did really well when we did it last year, though, and may not be all that eager to lose more weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment